Election Countdown "A to Z" (K is for Kids)


K is for Kids


I know I already did "C" for Children, but this encore is for the "Kids". These young hopefuls from Atlanta's Ron Clark Academy get their 15 minutes during a CNN interview (video) and don't disappoint. You've hopefully seen their poli-rap debut on Youtube turning T.I.'s "Whatever You Like" into an election year anthem ("You Can Vote However You like"). You get the feeling this video will surface 30 years in the future, on the eve of the 2036 presidential election, as part of a bio on one of these little gentlemen as a candidate.

As much as I've railed on about so-called Black Republicans, I love that at least one of these little dudes (tween Willie Thornton) is in the McCain camp. Young brown kids need to diversify and not play from society's messed up script and perceptions. And I don't know what's in the water over at Ron Clark, but I'll assume it's a mix of heavy parent, community and teacher involvement. In other words, a village, in Hillary speak. And wearing those fresh uniforms can't hurt. How many childhood hours did I spend agonizing on whether I had the right acid wash jeans, just to survive the day and win the acceptance of my classmates. Lord knows, I should have been worrying more about my education instead.

Here is the CNN Interview


Here is the original video

Comments

Anonymous said…
I think that the message delivered by those students was right on the money. We do have a responsibility to vote our minds on November 4th. Remember that if you don't vote, you can't complain.

Popular Posts